FIGHTING FIT CHILD PROTECTION POLICY STATEMENT.
Fighting Fit acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practise reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with the best practice of British Seal Lung Association requirements.
- Have a positive and enjoyable experience of Martial Arts at Fighting Fit, in a safe and child-centred environment.
- Are protected from abuse whilst participating in Martial Arts or outside the activity.
Fighting Fit acknowledges that some children, including disabled children and young people or those from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
As part of our safeguarding policy Fighting Fit will:
- Promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
- Ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people.
- Ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incident/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual / s who raise or disclose the concern.
- Ensure that confidential detail and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored.
- Prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals.
Ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.